Il Corso Mall of Cebu City, a prominent lifestyle center in Cebu City, is a defining feature of Filinvest's City di Mare at South Road Properties (SRP).
Designed to be a unique seaside destination, the mall offers an innovative blend of shopping, dining, and leisure activities, all set against the backdrop of the Mactan Channel's picturesque views.
Its conception is rooted in providing a refreshing and upscale experience that combines the convenience of urban amenities with the serene beauty of a coastal setting.
Developed by Filinvest Inc., a key player in Philippine real estate, Il Corso is part of one of the most ambitious projects in the area, City di Mare. The mall is distinguished by its expansive open spaces, contemporary architecture, and diverse attractions.
These include state-of-the-art cinemas, a variety of retail shops and dining outlets, and an array of entertainment and recreational facilities.
Il Corso's strategic location at SRP, one of Cebu's busiest and most dynamic areas, positions it as a major attraction for local shoppers, diners, and tourists.
It reflects Filinvest's commitment to creating 'Lifemalls' - spaces that go beyond traditional shopping centers to offer lifestyle-oriented experiences that resonate with the vibrancy and cultural richness of Cebu City.
Il Corso Mall, a lifestyle center in Cebu City, offers a unique blend of features catering to various interests and needs. Here are its key and exciting features...
1. Retail Development and Interconnected Buildings
Il Corso Mall spans several hectares and comprises seven interconnected buildings, making it a substantial retail hub. This design facilitates easy navigation and a diverse shopping experience.
The interconnected nature of the buildings ensures that visitors can explore various retail options without the hassle of moving between disconnected spaces.
This architectural approach not only enhances the shopping experience but also contributes to the aesthetic appeal of the mall.
The mall houses four state-of-the-art cinemas, which are a significant attraction. These cinemas provide a comfortable, immersive movie-watching experience, featuring spacious seating and excellent audio-visual systems.
The interior of the cinemas is designed to accommodate a good-sized crowd, ensuring that many people can enjoy the latest movies in a comfortable setting.
Additionally, the cinemas offer facilities for persons with disabilities, ensuring inclusivity and accessibility for all visitors.
3. Diverse Shopping and Dining Options
Il Corso Mall has many outlets, including casual dining restaurants, fast food outlets, boutiques, hardware and appliance stores, home furnishing centers, hobby and souvenir shops, health and wellness centers, supermarkets, department stores, and service centers.
The mall's food choices are particularly noteworthy, offering a variety of cuisines, from Filipino culinary favorites to American-style hamburgers, cakes, desserts, and seafood.
This variety ensures that something satisfies every palate, making it a gastronomic haven for food enthusiasts.
4. Amenities and Leisure Activities
The mall has ample parking facilities, indoor amusements, and a playground with a pirate ship theme, making it family-friendly.
The outdoor area along Il Corso is popular among joggers and health enthusiasts, featuring a metal bridge facing the sea – a perfect spot to enjoy the breeze and perhaps even meet locals fishing.
The mall also hosts various events, including a firework display during the Sinulog Festival, adding to its appeal as a leisure destination.
5. Serene Design and Aesthetic
Il Corso's design is serene and resort-like, with its location by the sea providing stunning views and a relaxing atmosphere.
The open-air dining experience, intricate hallways, and overall structure are designed to make visitors feel like they are on vacation at a luxurious holiday destination.
The seaside tourist spot, with its al fresco dining restaurants and waterfront views, offers a relaxing gastronomic experience, combining the pleasures of good food with the tranquility of nature.
Overall, Il Corso Mall offers a unique experience that combines retail, dining, entertainment, and leisure in a beautifully designed environment, making it a standout destination in Cebu City.
To reach Il Corso Mall from Metro Cebu, various transportation options are available:
1. Public Jeepneys: One of Cebu's most common and affordable means of transportation. Travelers can take jeepneys with routes passing through South Road Properties (SRP), where Il Corso Mall is located.
2. Taxis or Ride-Hailing Services: Taxis or ride-hailing services like Grab are available throughout Metro Cebu for a more direct and convenient route. These services offer door-to-door transport to Il Corso Mall.
3. Private Vehicles: Those with private vehicles can drive to the mall, easily accessible via major roads and highways connecting to SRP.
4. Buses: Some bus routes may also service the SRP area. It's advisable to check the latest bus routes and schedules for the most accurate information.
When planning a visit, it's essential to consider factors like traffic conditions, travel time, and the specific location within Metro Cebu to choose the most efficient transportation method.
There are several attractions and landmarks nearby Il Corso Mall. Here are five of them:
1. SM Seaside City Cebu: This is another large shopping mall near Il Corso Mall. It is one of the largest malls in the Philippines and offers a wide range of shopping, dining, and entertainment options.
2. Cebu Ocean Park: This is a popular aquarium and marine park near Il Corso Mall. It features a variety of marine life exhibits, including a shark tunnel, a jellyfish exhibit, and a touch pool.
3. Santo Niño de Cebu Basilica: This historic church is in the heart of Cebu City. It is one of the oldest churches in the Philippines and is home to the Santo Niño de Cebu, a religious icon that Filipinos highly revere.
4. Fort San Pedro: Spanish conquistador Miguel López de Legazpi built this military defense structure. It is located in the pier area of Cebu City and is one of the oldest and smallest forts in the Philippines.
5. Magellan's Cross: This Christian cross was planted by Portuguese explorer Ferdinand Magellan upon arriving in Cebu in 1521. It is located in a small chapel near the Basilica del Santo Niño and is considered a significant historical landmark in the Philippines.